SPECIAL TOURIST VISA - STV (single entry only)
- This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.
- STV visa holders will initially be permitted to stay in Thailand up to 90 days including the quarantine period.
- The extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at the maximum of 90 days per each extension.
- The maximum stay in total, therefore, shall NOT exceed 270 days including the quarantine period.
- The current end date of the STV scheme is 30 September 2022.
- 1.1 Applicant must not be a person prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- 1.2 Applicant must have no criminal records in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
- 1.3 Applicant must have the nationality of or permanent residence in the country where application is submitted
- 1.4 Applicant must NOT have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
- 1.5 Applicant must have a Thai health insurance covering the length of stay in Thailand with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient treatment. (must be specifically mentioned) Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org
- 1.6 Applicant must have a health insurance covering medical expenses in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD for COVID-19 (must be specifically mentioned).
- 1.7 Applicant is prohibited from engaging in any gainful employment in Thailand.
2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
|This does not include some documents required for entering Thailand but NOT for visa application.
- Passport with validity of not less than 12 months
- Passport-sized photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months
- Confirmed roundtrip flight reservation or ticket
- An English Extract from the register of population (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and must be legalised by MinBuZa)
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (Certificate of Conduct) issued by the competent authority of the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and must be legalised by MinBuZa)
- A medical certificate (download form) issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and must be legalised by MinBuZa)
- Health insurance:
- (Thai insurance only) covering the length of stay in Thailand with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient treatment (must be specifically mentioned). Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org.
- covering medical expenses in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD for COVID-19 (must be specifically mentioned)
- Proof of payment (paid in full) for AQ / SHA+ hotel
- Proof of payment (paid in full) for the accommodation in Thailand for the whole period of intended stay (within the initially permitted 90-day stay) OR proof of ownership of a condominium in Thailand
NB.: - Consular Officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
|REQUIRED DOCUMENTS apart from those indicated in the e-Visa sysyem MUST be sent to email@example.com (please mention your application reference number)
3. VISA FEE (Visa fee may be changed without prior notice.)
4. VALIDITY OF A VISA
- Single-entry visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance.
5. PERIOD OF STAY
- Upon arrival, holders of a valid STV visa will be initially permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days.
6. EXTENSION OF STAY
- STV visa holders who wish to stay longer must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau (https://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay (up to 2 times with the maximum of 90 days per each extension but will not exceed 30 September 2022) is solely at the discretion of the Immigration Bureau.